Emmanuel Church was launched in 1992 by a group of believers who had been meeting together for a couple of years in various venues in Llandudno. Originally, the property was a Welsh Methodist Church, built in 1909. It was used by the Methodists until 1981. The church then stood empty for a few years, the contents were sold and the building gradually fell into disrepair. In 1989, the building was acquired by a local businessman who had purchased the property with the purpose of using it as a small venue for concerts and other activities. After considerable renovation, the building was reopened in 1991 as Llandudno Central Halls. In 1992, the building again changed owners when a group of local Christians purchased it. The name that was chosen was “Emmanuel Church” and in its formative years was part of the Assemblies of God (UK) group of churches.
Over the years the church has continued to meet on a weekly basis for worship, fellowship, teaching and community outreach. It has a strong committed core of people who have faithfully served the purposes of God over the years. The church is also actively involved in mission, at home and abroad.
🏴 Want this in Welsh? Click here.